To describe them simply, makerspaces are community centers with tools. Makerspaces combine equipment, community, and education for the purposes of enabling makers like yourself to design, prototype and create awesome works that wouldn’t be possible to create with the resources available to individuals working alone. Sounds cool? It is! Do we have one in Columbia? Yes, it is in the works! Cola Makerspace is an organization designed to foster a collaborative and educational environment in which people can explore, share and MAKE! Meet these great minds on June 6 at Columbia Mini Maker Faire as they exhibit 3D printers, laser cutters, wood and metalworking, welding and blacksmithing. For more information, visit www.colamakerspace.com.
Show Your Stuff!
Free Digital Copy
- Columbia Mini Maker FaireJune 1st, 2013The big day is here.
- Makerspace? Yes, please! wp.me/p34Ryq-up #lovetolearn #makerfaire http://t.co/XFWWgZxrAR 7 hours ago
- MAKE! INVENT! BUILD! Don't miss the greatest show (and tell) in #ColumbiaSC. madmimi.com/s/93ea36?o=tm #MakerFaire http://t.co/m1mmkauSn8 1 day ago
- What they lack in brains they make up for in heart! Meet their makers on June 6! wp.me/p34Ryq-ul #makerfaire http://t.co/RvICZEDGi5 1 day ago
- Our Three Dimensional Future is looking bright! wp.me/p34Ryq-ua #makerfaire http://t.co/SzEoRXiCU2 2 days ago
- See a shocking demo of Jacob's Ladder on June 6! Sounds cool but dangerous? It is. wp.me/p34Ryq-u0 #makerfaire http://t.co/NFKa7nZCIb 1 week ago